No one sets goals to let them just sit. If that were the case, why would anyone set goals, in the first place. The thing is goals help you get things done. They help you to focus your energy and efforts on what is most important to you, so that you can get to a place of happiness, fulfillment, growth, or financial success. What this looks like for every person is different, but there is one thing that cannot be denied. In order to have consistent success, in achieving your goals in business, you have to set up your online systems to crush your goals. Today, we are going to look at what this really means because I want you to know that not only is it possible, but that you can do it this year, this month, and get started today.
Focusing on your goals
In the last post, I talked with you about how important it is to focus on your goals. Not only did we discuss the importance, but we discussed the fact that in order to really focus, you have to maintain the right mindset and develop the right strategy. These two things are keys to focusing on your goals and if you didn’t get a chance to read the post, then I want to encourage you to take a moment and do so. It will help you really think about how important your mindset is and why you have to take the time to develop a strategy that you are willing to implement for attaining success, in your business.
Sometimes people think that all of this goal talk is a bunch of fluff. They feel like it is just a time waster because you are thinking and talking about the thing, instead of doing the thing. What they fail to realize is that whether you think through the process or not, your brain is going to try and figure out how to make things work for you. The real issue is that it takes more time, trial, error, and money to figure out how to do something when you haven’t thought things through. You aren’t even intentional about what you are doing when you haven’t decided how you are going to achieve your goals.
If you are following me, then you know that I am encouraging you to actually focus. Don’t make any excuses. Don’t say that you will do it later and procrastinate. Be an action taker and do what is necessary to get your goals accomplished. Start with getting your head right. Focus on what you want. If you have trouble believing that you can do it, get yourself some affirmations that will help you to see yourself succeeding. Every week, I send my email subscribers affirmations, so if you are someone that needs a bit of encouragement, make sure that you sign up for my newsletter. It is in the bar above this page.
There are different things that you can do to help your mindset. You can read books, listen to podcasts, watch videos, join groups, get into programs, take courses, or even hire a coach to help you with your stinking thinking. I hate to say it, but that’s what it is and we have all dealt with it. You have to decide, right now that you aren’t going to keep talking yourself out of being successful in your business.
Seriously, you don’t have time for that because you have to also develop your strategy. You have to decide how you are going to reach the success level that you desire. Some people want to make an extra hundred or thousand dollars a month. Some people want to reach six figures, and others want to reach millions. Whatever you goal is, you have to make sure that you develop a plan of execution, or a strategy, that is going to help you reach your goal.
This is one of the reasons why your head space has to be clear. You can’t be telling yourself that you can’t do it, if you want to win. I’m saying this to you from experience. There is always going to be a reason to quit. You get to decide how far is too far, but you have to prove to yourself that you didn’t just give up, in the end.
Your strategy should be thorough enough that you test out your theories, apply your methods, teach, train, or help your clients in ways that propel your business to the next level. If it doesn’t then it’s time to go back to the drawing board, evaluate the strategy and then start at it again. Yes, it takes a lot to get back out there, but if you want to win, you have to try to make it happen. You at least have to go through with a revamp.
When I talk to clients about the types of strategies they can use to crush their goals in business, I often times bring up the technology. Life and business can be as simple or as complicated as you want it, but for many people, adding on projects complicates things because of the lack of strategy.
So What Do You Do?
When I have goals to reach in my business, I always look at the tools that I have at my disposal. I think about my main objective and I ask myself how I can apply myself most effectively to get the results that I want.
If your goal is to increase your revenue, but you still want to have a life and meaningful relationships, then it is important that you think about your business model. What does running your business look like? How much time a week do you want to spend working on your business? Do you want to constantly trade your time for your dollars or are you wanting to develop a system that allows you the freedom to make money while you sleep or to go on vacation without worrying about where your next client will come from?
If you are like me and many of my clients, you want to make as much money as you can passively. It’s not that you don’t want to work in your business, but you do want to be able to live a healthy life and to maintain the relationships with your family and friends that you’ve built.
So, what do you do? You have to start building a system that supports your goals. Not only should it support your goals, but it should also allow you to really CRUSH those goals.
What should that system look like?
To begin with your online system should include components that help you set your goals, track your progress, and evaluate your results. These first components of your system are as important to your success, as your mindset. You can use a project management system to help with some of this, but many of the tools that you use in your business should also have an automated reporting element to them.
I love using paper and pen products, but when it comes to creating a business that enables you the flexibility that I know you crave, you have to utilize technology that does it’s job well.
Most of the other components of your system will involve you having a website, a system of producing and distributing your content, an email marketing system, a funnel that takes your customers on a clear journey, and a social media presence that keeps you connected. Overall, your system should be one that takes all of the different traditional elements and upgrades them to the 21st century style of doing business. Remember, you can still use traditional elements, but make sure to leave room for the tools that will give you the freedom that you crave.
Here’s what I mean.
- The project management system is your planner. It helps you to fully manage your business and to remain strategic.
- The website is your online business card. It tells your audience who you are, what you do, how you can help them, and when they are ready, how they can buy.
- Your content management & distribution system is your newspaper, helping you to create and distribute key information and updates about your business/industry to your audience through common and easily accessible channels
- Your email marketing system is your mailing system that delivers your message and connects you personally to your audience. It helps you to have more of a close connection with your audience in a way that builds a relationship and a community. It also provides exclusivity.
- Your funnel offers your clients a clear journey to take to solve their problems and achieve success by following the path that you have laid out for them. It helps you to make money consistently, strategically, and, in many instances, automatically. It replaces your traditional sales person because you put the tech to work.
- Your social media becomes your media system and PR person. It helps you to stay connected in realtime, with your audience. It is how you can run ads that were traditionally put on a billboard, television, and radio stations. It provides you the opportunity to build community and awareness organically, as well. It also allows you to network.
All of these systems can be used in connection with their traditional elements, but I wanted you to see how each of these components come together to help you streamline your business. With the right strategy and tech, you can propel your business to new heights.
What should I do next?
There are a lot of different things that you could do next, but there are a few simple things that I recommend you do in order to begin taking action on the steps that I have suggested to you. These steps are going to help you to focus your energy in the best ways possible and to make sure that you are staying focused on your goals. Next week, I will give you more information on this topic, but I want to you to focus your energy on what I will share with you here, for now.
Here are some of the things that I suggest.
- Do an evaluation of your system. Take a look at which elements you have preset in your business and how you are using them. Ask yourself if you are using them the way that I mentioned or if you are just playing around with them, loosely, without intention. (Take note of your thoughts on this)
- Next, I want you to begin using an app called Asana. I recommend using this as a project management system that will enable you to focus your energy and to be strategic in your endeavors. It will also help you track the status of your projects.
- Get some training on how this information can help you in your business by getting the Smart Business Builders Bundle. This series of videos and ebook helps you to frame your thoughts on the systems part of your business. It will help you understand common mistakes that you can avoid, the overall structure that you should implement when setting up your systems, the tools that you should use, and frequently asked questions that business owners ask when running their businesses online.
- Finally, I encourage you to begin looking at what it will take for you to become successful in your business. Ask yourself what is most important to you. Do you always want to be on the hustle and grind in your business or are you wanting some freedom? Begin looking at your budget and see what you are paying for. It’s not that you can’t afford it. Instead, I want you to make sure that you aren’t wasting your money. Start increasing your business budget to help you move to that next level in your business, if you have not already. Remember, you will need the tools to build the systems, the training to understand how to implement it, and the support to build a business that will make feel good about where you are in life and in business, helping you achieve the level of success that you desire.
If you take what I’ve shared and apply it, you will be a few steps closer to crushing your goals.
Don’t forget to join my email list, so that you can get weekly encouragement and tips for entrepreneurs. It’s really easy. Just click on the bar at the top of this page, or fill out the form below.
Thanks for reading! Make sure to take action and come back next week.